How to setup plan approval process for Engineer
We have outlined a simple step-by-step guide on how to set up your process in the app.
At the office (on desktop version) : 8 Steps - workload time = 15 min -
I - Create project with following details :
- Define the details (name, date, address, your company logo,...)
- Setup categories (List here)
To understand categories operations, there is an explanatory video.
- Setup rooms ( List here )
- Select appropriate statuses
(Recommended for this case are : 1.Sent for Approval- 2.To Do - 3.Adapt - 4. Checked by Engineer - 5. Closed by Engineer ) (video here)
Why do we recommend these statuses? The process goes like this :
- “Sent for Approval” is the status indicating that the plan needs to be approved by the Engineer.
- “To Do” is the status indicating that modifications made by the engineer must be reviewed by the designer.
- “Adapt” corresponds to the status indicating that the designer uses to inform that he has modified the plan following the remarks of the Engineer.
- “Checked by Engineer” is the status indicating that the modifications made are in accordance with the Engineer's choice and that the plan is ready to be closed.
- “Closed by Engineer” is the final status that the engineer will use to confirm the validity of the plan and therefore allow it to be sent on the site.
II - Setup structured doc hierarchy in the public folder of your project.
(where you will upload project plans & docs later on).
We recommend following 2 level structure :
- Folder “1.Plans” with sub-folders :
- “1.1 Architecture“
- Folder “2.Other documents”
III - Add participants to your project: in this case: Engineer and Designer Office.
IV - Manage the access rights and folder visibility for stakeholders: link here
- Engineer (you) = “Admin” rights if he is the one initiating the project in the application.
- Designer : “Subcontractor” rights he can adapt the plans according to the Engineer’s remarks.
“Contributor” rights if he needs to upload new plan version.
V - Create a list you will use to assign your tasks. One list is recommended.
- 1. “Plan Approval” list
VI - Set up list settings
- General information: Choose the “numbering type” you prefer. We recommend “Occurrence + sequential” by default.
(The list occurence will be useful to keep a dynamic look when you create your meeting minutes reports, this will be explained in that use case).
- Report information.
- Transferred : this tab is useful for keeping track of documents that have been transferred between stakeholders (In this case, different versions of plans)
VII - Upload all your plans and docs into the project.
VIII - Design and save your report template.
We recommend following criteria:
- Sorting options:
- Level 1 = “Category” & Level 2 = “Number”
- Display options:
- Thickbox “Display list of points” & select option “with plans and localisation”
- Thickbox “Preview of plans w/ point numbers” , Thickbox “Display Author information” & “Display Attendees”
- Thickbox “Display point details”
- Thickbox “Join original Plan (at PDF Format)”
- Don’t push on save but scroll up till the top and click on the floppy disk.