Updating a Task
Everyone can update or comment on a task, except for Observers.
Here are the things you can do on a task:
- Update the Progress Percentage
- Report a Problem
- Attach an Image or File
- Leave a Comment
- Mention @ someone so they get notified
It is very simple to update the status or comment. Whether on Desktop or the Mobile App, to update the status, take a photo or report a problem, you first need to select the task and then click on the submit update button.
- Select the task, and then click on Submit Update.
2. Once open, you can update the percent, write a comment, report a problem and/or add an attachment/photo. Hit the green check mark once you are finished.
- On the Gantt Chart, select the Task. In the right hand side panel, then click on the GenieBelt icon next in the Status section or simply click on the Progress Bar.
2. Once open, you can update the percent, write a comment, report a problem and/or add an attachment/photo. Hit Update progress, when finished.
Please note: if you want to just leave a comment, you dont need to submit an update. On each task there is a comment field, where you can write your note or mention someone.
Any information added will be recorded and tracked within the audit trail.
Any status update or comment will also create a beat notification for the admin users and any member assigned to the task.